November 10, 2012

Colouristos's Necron Army - Part 1

As promised in my little Necron army teaser, I will show you now sowe WIP details of our "1st Pumpkin Painter NECRONSTYLE Warhammer 40K Necron Army Painting Gig :) "

First I have to tell you that I had no army at all so far. Which was absolutely unacceptable!

Therefore I thought about which army I should look for. And my first idea was to choose the new Chaos Space Marines ... BUT then I realized that there is only one true army for me ...
Yes - THE NECRONS!

And so I did what I can, and I convinced the entire Pumpkin Painter Crew that it would be a good idea to build up my army together ... And ... It worked great!

We joined one evening together at my ART Hall - and we unpacked the boxes containing all my loved Necron's.
At some hours it was hard, but also very funny. Out of our group we gained a lot of energy to do the painful deflashing of a lot of figures.

BUT at 4 o'clock in the morning ... see the astonishing result:






Hard to believe, just one night and a full Necron army was built up in a very nice way!

In detail:

7 Necron Scarab Swarms
20 Necron Warriors
5 Necron Deathmarks
5 Necron Lychguards
1 Necron Overlord
1 Necron Destroyer
3 Necron Canoptek Wraiths
1 Necron Triarch Stalker
1 Necron Doomsday Ark

I am sure all of you know how long it normally takes to create such an army by one person (If you take care about good deflashing).

This is real Pumpkin Painter Power!
And now I am the proud owner of my first army - MY NECRONS :)

And let me tell you, the 2nd Necron Painting GIG was even more impressive ...

Your
Colouristo

No comments:

Post a Comment